7/18/2016: 3 alarm fire at Gordon’s liquor store in Newtonville

A fire broke out last night around 2am at Gordon’s — the liquor store next to Star Market. The fire was tough to fight because it was in the basement and fire fighters had to go down a narrow staircase in intense heat & smoke. The basement sustained smoke & water damage and the store has been boarded up.

I know what everybody is thinkin — was any booze harmed? The answer is yes you guys. Most of the booze is covered in soot and smells strongly of smoke. With all the stuff going on in the world right now I can’t even think about those poor Coors Lights. Came in cold from the Rockies and everything. Wish I coulda saved just one.

Carlton